Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lake City

I am in lake city! w00t! Just a little ways to go!

A biker pulled out in front of me today (a good ways in front of me), she looked like she had a VERY nice bike. I caught up to her and road along bahind her for about 20 miles. I don't know the propper way to inform a rider that you are behind them so I just road behind her without her really knowing I was there. I made sure I kept my distance of course, as to avoid an accident. BUT, it was really great just to see another rider out and about. It was my first of the trip. She moving about 20 mph the entire time I was with her so she kept me motivated to keep my speed up. Also, I didn't get the chance to talk with her but her jersey said IRON MAN on it... I wish I could have talked with her for a bit, but she finally turned off the road I was on. As she did, she finally realized I was there and smiled and waved. :-) It was neat.

My host family last night was great company, and had a lot to say! It was really fun chatting and hanging out with them. They kept me up till about midnight... hehe oh well. It was a good time.

I miss everyone a lot! Can't wait to see you all again!

Kevin: what is the best way to let a fellow rider know that you are behind them, without scaring them to death. Especially a female rider riding solo. :-) I just really didn't want to yell hello and have her look back, get scared and run into traffic... lol.

2 comments:

Dave said...

well, duh. you should have caught up to her and slapped a big, wet kiss on her face. then, introduce yourself and explain that you've been riding nearly 1000 miles just to get to her. then see if she wants to trade bikes, simple as that.

Unknown said...

wow... now that would be an impressive display of courage...